Pages

Saturday, April 17

Baja Butternut Squash Soup



I love spring!  There's something about walking outside one day and seeing little buds on trees and bushes and then seemingly, the next day everything is in full bloom.  Weather is pretty unpredictable as well.  Here in Michigan we can have one day in the 70's and the next (like today) in the high 40's.  That's when a soup like this one is perfect!

Now, I'm a soup lover.  I have made quite a few but this is one of my favorites.  I adore butternut squash.  It's so golden and sweet--it's just downright wonderful.


 The great thing about this soup is that while it is sweet it also has a little bit of a bite.  The bite comes from the ground chipotle chile.  I'm a little bit of a baby when it comes to spice--so when I make this I tend to use a lighter hand with the chipotle but if you can handle it--spice away.

Since spring has sprung in my herb bed it was great to be able to go outside and snip fresh chives for my soup.

The recipe made enough that I had plenty to put away and enjoy for the entire week.

Baja Butternut Squash Soup  For printable recipe, click here
From Eating Well, January-February 2009




Hope you enjoy this as much as I have.



No comments: