Pages

Saturday, April 24

Bella Belle


Here it is....my new camera bag (slash purse).  Her name is Belle.  I didn't actually name her....it was her given name from Epiphanie Bags where I purchased her from.

In actuality, I've been looking for a camera bag that could double as a purse for quite a while.  On many of the photography blogs that I follow, people emphasize the importance of taking your camera with you everywhere.  Especially, if you want to become a better photographer (like I do!)  Typically, I carry a very small purse that would not have enough room for my camera and I hated the thought of carrying my camera everywhere unprotected.  When my husband bought our camera he bought a very manly (e.g. ugly) camera bag.  It's a sling/backpack variety and well, it was not what I wanted to carry daily.  So, I started looking everywhere and I almost purchased a Jill-e bag but I just didn't get that excited "oh, it's perfect!" feel.  So, I waited.  I can't even tell you how I found the link to this camera bag. Please tell me this happens to you....you're searching on blogs and you hit one link, then another, then another and then you find something really interesting and then forget how you got there to begin with.  That's how I found Epiphanie.

I sure am glad I did.  The minute I saw this bag....I knew it was the one for me.


Belle is beautifully padded on the inside so that my camera stays nice and snug.  Plus there are adjustable dividers on the sides of the main compartment.  There is a nice pocket on the inside and two large zippered areas on the outside.

I love it!  I have to admit it's an adjustment for me, because it's much bigger than I'm used to carrying around.  But, I'm getting used to it.  And, I do get compliments on my "purse" from people--they have no idea that it's a camera bag.  We live in the age of large purses, so actually, I guess Belle fits in just fine.

Now I have no excuse not to take pictures.  My camera is always with me, but now I have to get over feeling self conscious about pulling my camera out and snapping pictures.

Another day, another adventure.

No comments: