Pages

Wednesday, June 2

farmers market


Nothing says summer to me like a trip to the local farmers market. 




Right now there are rows and rows of flowers and herbs.  A couple of the stands will have fresh asparagus and some lettuces.  One of my favorite stands sells fresh eggs.  There is nothing like a fresh egg-the shell breaks so quick and the yolk is an absolutely beautiful color of yellow.

People that live nearby can ride their bikes to the market also.  I'm very envious of these people--I would love to live so close that I could just ride or walk over.


There's fresh honey too!  What my husband and I especially like, is meeting the owners of these local shops.  We've talked with the owner of this honey shop for years.  He's been telling us for the last couple of years about the problems that honeybees have been having.


A trip to the market is always a great beginning to a weekend.

No comments: