Pages

Thursday, July 1

life and death decisions in the garden


No question - gardens are a lot of work.  There is the constant weeding and you know, that really important ingredient - water. (Not that ever forget to water....) Even though it's a lot of work, I really enjoy my time in the garden.  I love the sun on my back and the satisfaction from being outside.  However, there is a dark side to gardening.


You know when you plant all of those little seeds into the ground and then the happy time when all of those little seeds start to sprout?  I love that time - I'm constantly thrilled and amazed when those little plants pop through the ground.  Well- then there's the dark part of gardening - thinning.


I have to decide who lives and who dies.  It's just too much pressure for me in the garden. What if I pull the wrong carrot?  What if I choose the carrot that would have been "the one"?  Honestly, wouldn't it be better if everyone could live together without crowding out the others and sucking up all of the nutrients?  I would think with today's technology thinning would be obsolete.  I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy that way.



No comments: