Pages

Sunday, September 20

Do Overs



I love gardening!  I love getting my hands dirty, I love the feel of the sun on my face, I love the smell of the dirt, I love planting seeds and I especially love when the seeds sprout! But, sometimes gardens don't cooperate.  They, for lots of reasons, don't behave the way I would like them too.  I must admit though, a lot of it is gardener error.  I forget to fertilize, or I plant too much, or in the wrong place or forget to harvest on time.  Lots of the time, I wish I could have a do over -- you know, go back to the beginning of spring and start over, instead of waiting until next year.  That's what is so great about fall.  I get a mini-do over.  So, last week, I planted a row of radishes, spinach, lettuce and arugula.  And, within two days, little arugula leaves sprouted and it's just the best feeling ever.  I'm filled with hope again for my garden.  Maybe, just maybe, these four little rows will be just the do over I need to last me until spring!




No comments: